Mohawk College departments may request Faculty/Staff/Student pictures to be used
for official college business. In order to have your College ID card ready for you
upon your arrival, we ask that you submit a color Passport style PHOTO. You may send
a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according
to the requirements shown on this site.
By submitting this photo for your College ID you agree this photo may be used by
Mohawk College. Please contact the ONE Card Office if you have questions about this
policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
The above photos represent acceptable photos. Notice that they are very similar
in size and requirements to Canadian Passport photos.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast
in the photo
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- Shoulders must be covered
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- DO NOT apply filters to the photo
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- A passport photo in .jpg format works best!
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the ONE Card
site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your ONE Card
shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance
and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of Mohawk College. I understand
that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted,
my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted. I hereby certify
that the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true
image of myself. I understand that by submitting this photo may it may become part
of my official record and can be used by Mohawk College for official purposes. Click
on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the
Mohawk College ONE Card system.
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to
the Mohawk College ONE Card system.
Upload a photo of your Government ID - Driver 's license or Passport Identification Page.
Click on the "Choose File" button to browse for your Government ID photo. On mobile devices it will start your camera or open the file explorer app. If you’re using a computer, this will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can snap a picture with your mobile device or select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo's file location, select it by clicking on the "Open" button in the dialog box.
- Click the "Continue to Step 6" button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to rotate, crop or resize your photo. After you are finished you will be able to compare your photo with a sample on Step 4. Please edit your photo now, remove the file and start over, or if you are satisfied, click the "Continue to Step 7" button.
- Click the "Continue to Step 7" button.
Step 7 will display a sample driver's license ID card and preview of your government ID photo. Compare the sample ID photo with your uploaded ID photo shown. Your government ID photo must show clear, legible information to verify your identity. This information will be deleted from the system once your photo submission is approved.
- Click on the button that answers the following question
Does your government ID clearly show the information to verify your identity as the given example? Yes or No.
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool. You must select the check box by clicking in the box to continue with the photo upload process.
I have reviewed the necessary requirements of the government ID photo. I understand that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display
that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the Mohawk College ONE Card Photo Upload Site.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
Student is provided a tracking number to track the status of their photo.